'Never rely in the glory of a morning sun or the smiles of your inlaws'- japanese proverb
I've come across an entry written by 'perempuanjomblo' not long ago about inlaws. I would not agree more with her entry.
You are fine as long as you are within the boundary of 'what is expected - dont do more than that'.. I think i have cross the line once or twice.. At this moment.. My admiration goes to my bro-in law wife.. She couldnt give a damn about my inlaws n live by her own rule.. Which she always like to call herself taknak hypocrite.. Hahaha so here are some tips to those who are getting married or planning to find a different entity other than your family to get stuck to for the rest of your life ( unless you get divorced before you have any offsprings.. In my case that would be too late.. They are now my childrens family too.. Sigh hahaha)
Rules with your inlaws
1. Keep quite and nod and laugh when you need to.
2. NEVER complain about your other half.. Even if you think that is the best thing to do rather than embarrassing your other half to your family. Some family dont appreciate people telling bad stuff about their member of the unit (unit - family)
3. If you want to complain do it once.. Dont repeat for the second time or worst third.. Hahaha they will tell you that they are tired of hearing the complain (ni piagam keluarga... Aduan cuma sekali.. Lain2 aduan selepas itu tidak akan dilayan)
4. I think PJ kata never be yourself.. Your family can accept who you are but not the inlaws. Remember.. They are above all... Keep quite and carry on.. Simpan perangai tak berapa nak senonoh dgn kuarga sendiri.. As what they say.. You cant choose your family, but your inlaws do.. They can always ask you to leave the family. They have survived as a unit before, and they can always survived it is.
5. Respect them love them but dont expect more out of them.
Anyway, just live your live and remember that one day you'll be an inlaws to. Tour husband is your family but not your inlaws. They are your inlaws. Unless you are a princess of brunei no inlaws would embrace you like their own.. Its just myth. But nevertheless.. You'll get showered with the love they have for their son/daughter. The last rule are.. Just enjoy being and inlaws.. You'll survived. I have. Hihi